ESPN 101.5 AM 1570 and Classic Hits 106.3 present the NCAA bracket challenge. REVISE AFTER THE COVID-19 HAS CANCELLED THE NCAA MEN’S AND WOMEN’S TOURNAMENTS!
Here is what we are going to do for our NEW AND UPDATED bracket challenge. We are going to take the top 64 teams from the Men’s and Women’s college basketball NET Rankings, and put them into our own bracket and sort them out 1-64. So NO 1-16 it will be based all on 1-64 and not ACCORDING TO THE AP RANKINGS.
Then on March 30 & 31 we are going to draw player names and then them up with one of the 64 teams. On Monday, March 30 we will begin with the men’s bracket and then on Tuesday, March 31 we will draw for the women’s bracket.
Beginning on Thursday, April 1 we will begin playing out the men’s bracket, and on Friday, April 2 we will do the women’s. Now if you get a higher ranked team (1-16 seeds) you will have a better chance at moving on in the first couple of rounds, but by the Sweet 16, every team/player left will have the same odds on winning and losing. ***Seeds 17 through 24 will have a 66% chance moving on in the first round, but in the second round it will all be based on coin flips.
*The Sweet 16 will be based on the best 2 out of 3 on coin flips
*The Elite 8 will be based on the best 3 out of 5 on coin flips
*The Final Four & Championship will be based on the best best 4 out of 7 on coin flips
Schedule for the Bracket Challenge:
- March 30-31 Men/Women bracket with team names and qualifiers will be revealed.
- April 1-2 Men’s/Women’s First round will be played out on air.
- April 6-7 Second Round of the Men’s/Women’s bracket will be played out.
- April 8 Men’s/Women’s Sweet 16. Best 2 out of 3 with coin flip advances on (You could lose the first flip, but when the second and third and move on)
- April 9 Men’s/Women’s Elite 8. Best 3 out of 5
- Friday, April 10 we play out the Final 4 at 10, then the last segment of 11:50 we play out the championship for both the Men and the Women to find out who wins.